Straight to your inbox
Photo-filled reports generated with HomeGauge software.
Digital reports delivered to you within 24 hours of inspection.
Use the patent-pending Create Request List feature to easily and quickly generate your repair addendum.
FOR THE BUYER
RESIDENTIAL HOME INSPECTION
What is a residential home inspection?
A residential home inspection includes a visual assessment of a home’s accessible structures and components. During the inspection, MD Home Inspect, LLC will make careful note of any major or minor issues, documenting them with photos and, if necessary, video. The findings will be compiled in an inspection report, delivered to you digitally within 24 hours of inspection. We encourage you to join me, Joseph during your appointment so that I can answer any questions and also familiarize you with your new home, providing maintenance suggestions along the way.
How can a buyer use a residential home inspection to save money on the purchase of their home?
- You can gain a better understanding of the home’s condition, allowing you to offer or negotiate a fair price.
- You can protect yourself from costly surprises down the road if you know about defects sooner rather than later.
- You can ask the seller to pay to repair the defects you indicate in the repair addendum to your inspection.
- You can use the defects indicated in the inspection report as leverage to negotiate a lower sale price.
FOR THE SELLER
What is a pre-listing inspection?
A pre-listing inspection from MD Home Inspect, LLC is just like our standard home inspection, except that the seller is the client, so the seller receives the inspection report before the house goes on the market.
How can a seller use a pre-listing inspection to make more money on the sale of their home?
- By disclosing issues upfront, the seller can make it known that consideration for issues has already been factored into the sales price. That effectively takes those items off the negotiation table. Doing this preemptively saves time, hassle and money and reduces the chance that a deal will fall apart because of the home inspection.
- The seller can opt to repair issues herself giving her more time and control over how things get fixed and how much money is spent in doing so. Waiting for buyers to ask for repairs could put the seller in a position where they have a very limited amount of time to fix items and end up having to pay a premium.
- When a sale goes through on the first try with the first buyer, the outcome is almost always best for the seller. Seller inspections keep you from having to go back on the market with a price reduction. With buyers being so scarce, that’s not the ideal position for sellers to be in.
- You can choose the most cost-effective contractor to make repairs before the buyer gets involved.
- You can leave the repair work to the buyer but present the buyer with quotes from local contractors. Otherwise, buyers tend to inflate the estimated cost of repair work, offering, for example $4,000 under the list price because of repairs that could be made for $2,000.
- You can make buyers feel comfortable making an offer or bidding high in a bidding war. Presenting them with an inspection report at the outset will increase their confidence in the home’s value.
Additional Inspections & Services
New Construction Inspection
Your home may be brand new, but it’s also a complex puzzle of building systems and components installed by several different contractors. Even the most competent contractors can make mistakes! Before your final walk through with the builder, have MD Home Inspect, LLC perform a complete inspection to ensure that your new home is in the best possible condition.
11-Month/Builder’s Warranty Inspection
Did your new home come with a home warranty? Before it runs out, book an 11-month warranty inspection with MD Home Inspect, LLC. We’ll make sure everything is in good working order; if not, repairs may be covered under the warranty, saving you money and making your home a safer and more comfortable place to live.
If you are purchasing homeowners insurance, your insurance company may require a 4-point inspection. This type of inspection covers only these four major systems: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and roof. Although this type of inspection will satisfy an insurance company, it is not recommended to buyers as a substitute for our standard residential home inspection.
If you are a buyer who has chosen to have the seller make repairs before closing, you may want to verify that those repairs were done properly. MD Home Inspect, LLC can re-inspect a home, looking specifically at the new repair work and evaluating its quality and completeness.
You might need a mold inspection if you notice a funny smell, have experienced recent water damage, or if you see mold growing anywhere in your home. MD Home Inspect, LLC will identify the mold as well as the source so that you can address it quickly and properly, avoiding further damage and future health complications.
The odorless, invisible gas radon can turn up in any home anywhere in the U.S. It’s smart to test for this cancer-causing gas before moving into a new residence or to make sure your family is safe in your current home. MD Home inspect, LLC can determine if radon levels in your home are unsafe. If they are, fixing the problem is easy and potentially lifesaving. Mitigation measures will be recommended.
There are many different reasons you might choose to have your water tested, including old plumbing that contains lead, recurrent health issues, or the water having a strange color or smell. Of course, you may just want extra peace of mind when you are purchasing a new house. MD Home Inspect, LLC will test your drinking water for contaminants. This is especially important if your home relies on a private well.
Save money and reduce your carbon footprint by requesting an energy audit from MD Home Inspect, LLC. Is your home leaking energy? Could your HVAC be more efficient? We’ll perform a thorough review and make recommendations that could save you hundreds of dollars on your annual energy bill.
See what our clients are saying!
Serving the Greater D.C. Metro Area…
Including WASHINGTON DC, MONTGOMERY COUNTY, MARYLAND, FREDERICK COUNTY, MARYLAND, PRINCE GEORGE’S COUNTY, MARYLAND, POTOMAC MARYLAND, FAIRFAX, LOUDOUN, ARLINGTON, ALEXANDRIA, BAILEYS CROSSROADS, CENTREVILLE, HERNDON, LORTON, FAIRFAX STATION, RESTON, TYSONS CORNER, SEVEN CORNERS, WARRENTON, PRINCE WILLIAM, FAUQUIER, STAFFORD, WARREN, FALLS CHURCH, MANASSAS, GREAT FALLS, MCLEAN, ASHBURN, STERLING, LEESBURG AND SURROUNDING CITIES AND COUNTIES.
Selling and Buying?
Get 25% off your residential home inspection when you also purchase a pre-listing inspection from MD Home Inspect, LLC.
Get 25% Off
We offer a 25% discount to Military (active, retired, reservists), and 1st Time Home Buyers.
Not valid with any other offer.
Schedule Your Inspection Today
Contact MD Home Inspect, LLC now to schedule your appointment.
Joseph Najm, Lead Inspector
State of Virginia License #3380000493